Mailer (Lite) - Mailings with Templates, Groups, Attachments, HTML and CSS 5.2
Price: Free, Version: 5.1 -> 5.2 (iTunes)
NOTE: This is the lite (free) version of 'Mailer'. It is fully functional. However, this 'lite version' will show a message at the bottom of each generated email. The full version will not show this message!
"Mailer" is the multi-tool for mail sending.
- Send attachments (e.g. your vCard (business card))
- Send emails to groups.
- Create and organize rich text (HTML) email templates.
- Manage and add attachments directly on your device (e.g., downloading ifrom your DropBox (requires free DropBox app).
- Create a template which sends the contents of the clipboard to predefined recipients by two taps.
- Create professional mailings.
Thus, Mailer replaces a vCard Mailer App, a Group Mail App, a HTML Mail App, an Attachment Mail App, a Clipboard Mail App and much more - five mail apps in one.
[ App demo video available at http://ping.fm/1EKev ]
Templates can contain placeholders. From the template Mailer quickly generates emails to either a single person or peoples from a distribution list. When generating the email, Mailer replaces each placeholder with the corrsponding data. Examples are
- the current contents of the clipboard (aka pasteboard)
- an data of an address book item of the recipient (e.g., first name or last name)
Some use cases for this app are:
- Sending personalized newsletters with attachments.
- Sending personalized greetings at Christmas or new year.
- Sending personalized information to group participating in an event, e.g., a seminar, etc.
- You can use the 'Notes' part of the recipients address book entry to maintain info (e.g., point achieved in a test) and automatically include these notes in the generated email.
- Mailer is useful even without using the personalization: it allows to maintain and organize a set of HTML email templates.
With Mailer you can create an email template containing certain placeholders (e.g., for the name of the recipient). You then create a list of recipients. Then, for each recipient Mailer replaces the placeholder by the corresponding value from the recipients address book entry and generate a personalized mail for each recipient.
Placeholders for Recipient's Address Book Data: For each recipient, Mailer takes the template and replaces any of the Mailer placeholders by the corresponding value from the recipients Address Book entry. Note: You do not have to enter these placeholders by hand, you can pick them from a list.
Styled Text (HTML) Templates: Templates can be HTML and the generated mail can be sent as HTML mail. The template editor provides a picker list for easy entry of the most common HTML tags, like for bold or italic text, etc.
Organizing Templates: You can organize your templates in groups. To create a group or edit names or order of group tap the 'Group' button in the template list. Note: A group can be deleted only if it is empty.
When editing a list view with sections it may happen that a row cannot be moved beyond the last row. As a workaround, you can add a dummy row to the end of your list.
Attachments: Mailer supports sending of attachments (only for templates with user defined SMTP accounts). Attachments are managed in Mailers Documents storage. You add documents to be used as attachments via iTunes or via direct download. Example: Add a file from your DropBox to Mailer is easy. Create a DropBox link in DropBox, switch to Mailer, select Add Attachment and press "Download".
Send Queue and SMTP Accounts: A template can be set to use a specific SMTP account. In this case mails are send without user interaction (quickly). On multitasking aware devices the send queue is processed in background.
Note: If sending has failed you can retry by tapping "Send" in the send queue view.
Note: Mailer can use Contact groups. To manage those groups use Address Book on your Mac and sync via iTunes or use app like "Contact Grouper".
Now supports more SMTP servers / internet service providers: Fixed a problem resulting in an error "Unsupported login mechanism" for some SMTP servers / some providers.
Note: If you experience a problem with the app feel free to contact me via email. If you leave a comment in the review it is not guaranteed that I see it in time. Also I cannot answer on reviews or ask questions.
Mailer (Lite) - Mailings with Templates, Groups, Attachments, HTML and CSS