Media Futurist 4.3
Price: Free, Version: 4.2 -> 4.3 (iTunes)
Gerd Leonhard is a well-known Futurist, Author & Blogger, Keynote Speaker & Strategist, based in Switzerland. This iPhone/iPod app is probably the best way to follow his work as it delivers pretty much his entire output in one place, i.e. his latest blog posts, essays, stories, images, slideshows, videos, podcasts and free books, plus all of his 'life-stream' / shared items via Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader etc. Gerd will also add some exclusive, app-only content on a regular basis.
Gerd Leonhard is a renowned keynote speaker and think-tank leader on the Future of Media, Entertainment, Content, Technology, Business, Marketing & Advertising, Branding, Telecom, Communications and Culture.
He is considered a leading expert on topics such as social media, mobile content and m-commerce, innovation and entrepreneurship, Television and Broadcasting 2.0, UGC and peer production, copyright, licensing and IPR issues, next-generation advertising, marketing and branding, digital content strategies and the development of next-generation business models in the content, communications & technology industries.What's New
- iOS4 compatibility including background audio and multitasking support
- Retina display support
- Fan Wall shows map of users
- Favorites system to bookmark content
- Top Users system to earn points for app activity
- iPod integration allows you to play a track from inside the app
- Add events directly to your calendar from inside the app
- Support for additional languages including Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified), and Korean
- Stability improvements and bug fixes