Errands To-Do List 2.2
Price: Free, Version: 2.1.2 -> 2.2 (iTunes)
Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
â€¢ The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
â€¢ Alert notifications (alarms) for tasks with due times, plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Works even when Errands is not running (iOS 4 only). This is the initial support for alerts and more flexibility and options will be coming soon.
â€¢ Full support for folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
â€¢ A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
â€¢ View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
â€¢ Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
â€¢ You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
â€¢ A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
â€¢ Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
â€¢ A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
â€¢ Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
â€¢ Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
â€¢ Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
â€¢ Multitasking / Fast App Switching (iOS 4 only).
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
â€¢ Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
â€¢ There is a Tips and Tricks help section in the Settings.
â€¢ Please visit yoctoville.com for some answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
â€¢ Use the in-app support form (in settings) to contact the developer for quick responses to your questions.
SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS
I take pride in the software I write. Please feel free to contact me by visiting yoctoville.com or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I respond quickly and look forward to helping you get the most out of Errands.
Errands is in active development and frequent updates are in the pipeline.
- Major improvements to the Notes as Checklist feature. More powerful than ever!
- Added sort by folder for All Tasks, Focus and Completed folders (Turn it on in Settings | Other | Sort By Folder)
- Extra alert sounds that were formerly part of the Early Access Features are now made available in the free version!
- Passcode Lock (a new Premium Early Access Feature).
- All graphics in Errands now support Retina Display resolutions, including all the Built-In Image Icons.
- 20 additional Built-In Image Icons, including a selection of holiday-themed images.
- Photo images used for task icons now support Retina graphics (must reselect images to convert to higher resolution)
- When taking a photo from within Errands, the original is saved to the photo library.
- Settings have been overhauled, several new features!
- Task defaults for priority, due date, folder and alerts.
- Alerts are now configurable on a per-task basis.
- Fully updated the Mini User's Guide in the Settings view.
- App load times have been improved, particularly if you have a lot of tasks.
- Renamed the "Inbox" folder to "Unassigned", which is more descriptive.
- Fixed a problem where tasks with a due time of today didn't have the option to "Put Off Till Tomorrow".
- Fixed a problem which sometimes caused the date on a condensed view to get truncated / shifted left.
- Fixed a rare problem when changing time zones.
- Many other smaller bug fixes and minor enhancements.
** NOTE: If you are enjoying Errands, please leave a new rating in the App Store. It really means a lot!
Errands To-Do List